Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dream: Oct. 10, 2008

I was living in an apartment that belonged to my boss, but that she didn't use too much, only she sometimes boarded dogs there without staying there herself. I had the foldout couch and was waking up, still lying around on the outfolded bed, too lazy to get up and arrange the room the right way. Vern was living there too -- she was in the kitchen making food, then she left on an errand. SAMSON was there, an adorable black dog I used to take care of whose family moved down to Memphis a couple of years ago. There was one other dog there too, I think it was Ruby the Greyhound. The place was messy -- there were stains on the floor from where dogs had peed on the rug and it had not been cleaned up all the way. I wasn't sure whether that was my fault or not.

Eventually I put the couch together, because my boss was coming over with some friends and they were going to play Word Twist for money. A couple of the friends had college-age kids who were also there, walking around drinking and acting dumb. Because of them, the Word Twist game never got underway, and I was frustrated about this because I had really wanted to play Word Twist and kick everyone's ass in it. I noticed a giant heap of dog shit on the kitchen floor, with a beer bottle on top of it, and spent about an hour cleaning that up. I woke up thinking about Paula Abdul and MC Skat Kat (sp?), for some reason.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Eventually I put the couch together, because my boss was coming over with some friends and they were going to play Word Twist for money.

Oh, man. If only.