Thursday, January 8, 2009

Things

1. I never noticed before that the individual wax-paper squares the coffee cart guy uses are called "Handy-Wacks."

2. There is this other dog walker who works around me, who is really super friendly. For some reason, I hate him and cringe when I see him approaching, knowing he is going to greet me and make hokey comments about the dogs I am walking. Why should I hate this person? It's baffling.

3. Last night I had some technical problems at WHFR and fucked up slightly, not just once, but a few times, and I was upset about it. But then I got a nice email from a friend who said it was no big deal and he had fun listening. This made me feel good. Feedback like that (as opposed to feedback of the type I had because I was talking too close to the microphone! ZING!) is very very important. Constructive criticism is also very important, so if anybody who listens to my show has any, I want to hear it. But mainly I want to hear compliments.

4. If I can get enough money together in the next few days, I am going to AWP. I have to go to AWP so I'm not a miserable failure at everything I do in life, but also because a lot of my far-flung writing friends will be there assembled. If I don't go I won't see them all, and that will make me sad.

3 comments:

Dusty said...

Yes! I'll be there and so we'll have to get lots of drinks.

If only there were swimming holes in downtown Chicago....

Vanessa said...

HI! Where can I hear your archives? I'd love to leave you some compliments.

Amanda said...

Dave, heh. I am SURE we can find a pool in somebody's hotel, and that will have to do!

Vanessa -- Our archives are coming soon (I know we've been saying this for a year, but they really are)! So when they are up I will let everyone know. Thanks prematurely for the compliments.