Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Paddy's!

I thought of two lines for a limerick. "There once was a woman named Amy / Whose crotch smelled exceedingly gamey." I think the last rhyme at the end should be "pay me," but I am disinclined to write the rest of this limerick -- I feel weary.

Tonight I am going grocery shopping and cooking dinner at home. Because who wants to go out on St. Patrick's Day? Not I, said the cat. I will put on Gilbert O'Sullivan's "I'm a Writer, Not a Fighter" and enjoy my extremely non-festive solitude.

This blog post has been a failure. Begorrah an' it has. Come here til I smack yis.

One more thing: My personal favorite piece of Celtsploitation is the Fitzgerald and Fitzgerald law firm's ad on the subway. "We fight for kids' rights!" it says, over a silhouette of a leprechaun or leprechaun-looking guy with his dukes up.

5 comments:

Brian said...

There once was a woman named Amy Whose crotch smelled exceedingly gamey
The gentleman made haste
Once he got a taste
But Amy said you still have to pay me

Kim said...

There once was a woman named Amy, whose crotch smelled exceedingly gamey. Said she, What a mess!
I shall buy FDS.
Excuse me, could somebody spray me?

Kim said...

There once was a woman named Amy
Whose crotch smelled exceedingly gamey
She said Well no wonder
I'm stinky down under
So THAT'S why nobody will lay me

Amanda said...

You two have been drinking all day, haven't you.

Kim said...

On the contrary, I was at work. Listen, have I talked to you about us applying to Sewanee as poets this year...??