Saturday, April 25, 2009

Can of Worms

Joe M. just sent an email to all of us WHFR-ers announcing that we're getting a new computer, which can be used for, among other things, sound effects. He asked us for SFX suggestions, first saying, "I've already got it set up with some applause, some laughs, a rim shot, a boing, a sproing, an old-school ambulance siren, a wolf call, and a fart."

I think you can probably imagine that I responded immediately with 19 submissions. My favorites are, I think, the "stab" (that horn-like noise popular in '90s dance/club music production), the Klaxon horn, the scary creaky door opening, and Macaulay Culkin saying "I don't think so."

Ryan T wants a shotgun pump ("ch-chk"), and I second that.

4 comments:

j.m. said...

I swear, it's going to be great! I can't to show it off to people.

I spent most of Friday going through sounds trying to find the best few laugh tracks and cheering tracks.

Amanda said...

Totally jazzed. Oh, also: I assume "wolf call" means a wolf howling; we will also need a wolf whistle.

Amanda said...

Oh! And a *factory* whistle!

vern said...

Oh my god, the best part of the email thread wherein Joe invited everyone's fx suggestions was that it ended with (paraphrased), "Actually, I am tired and overwhelmed now, so I am not doing anything more with this." Reading that email thread was like reading Joe's biography. Joe M.!