Friday, July 24, 2009

Dream: July 23, 2009

A nice man was driving me over dirt roads through an overgrown area in summertime. There was sunlight streaming through the windows. Next to the man, occupying the driver's seat with him but not driving, was another, weirder man who had written a novel that he made me look through, and which he kept wanting to discuss with me. The two men were brothers, and I liked the first one and kept leaning forward to hug his shoulders through the driver's seat. The second one was just annoying.

We pulled into the driveway of a farmhouse. There was a litter of adorable puppies playing on the porch with their parents, which were a pit bull and a standard-sized Dachshund. Each puppy was a different color and they were very friendly. I jumped out of the car and began playing with them, saying, "O the puppies that captured my heart! Each one prettier than the last!" and similar rapt exclamations. Suddenly my mom and stepfather were there; they led me to a boardwalk-type structure with a giant gaping hole in it. I jumped over the hole and we came to a spacious, scrubby field that reeked of pigs. I was holding a white puppy. We didn't stay in the field long because my mom said she was allergic to the smell. On the way back the hole in the boardwalk was bigger. I threw the puppy across it (it landed safely) and gained a foothold against a water pipe/water pump-like structure on the other side, so that I could cross. Once back across I played with all the pit-Dachshund puppies and talked to them. The nice man and his weird brother sat in rocking chairs looking down at me indulgently.

No comments: