Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fundtimes!

I am weirdly trepidatious about this, because it involves asking for money. But I wouldn't be trying it out if I didn't think it were a really good idea. Please take some time to read my grant "pitch" on Kickstarter, and please give some money soon. If I show them I can raise ten grand by October 15th, I'll get it and it will ALL be sunk into this project.

Here it be!

In a nutshell, I'm looking to buy a van and DJ out of it. The more I think about the idea the more I like it, but without the money there's just no way.

Thoughts? Happy/sad? I'm pretty excited, and pretty confident that I can raise the funds if I get EVERYONE's support. (An aside: Kickstarter is a wonderful organization to help entrepeneurs do this type of thing; you might want to try them out if you have something in mind that needs financial backing.) Please let friends and family know, too!

Thanks in advance. Really.

7 comments:

ryan manning said...

hi

Amanda said...

hi ryan

Amanda B. said...

i've got a jar of canadian pennies with your name on it.

Amanda said...

I have a similar thing for you, except instead of in a jar it's in a can. And instead of pennies it's some tomato paste covered in mold.

Amanda B. said...

can i tell you to GFY on your own blog?

Amanda said...

Sticks and stones, man. Where're my fucking pennies?

Amanda B. said...

ARE THERE OTHERS?