Thursday, July 9, 2009

When It's Time To Change, Then It's Time To Change

This is not an interesting thing to talk about, but I will say right now that, now, after a couple of very fun writing years post-MFA, I need a change. Stay tuned for updates for the next few months on how grand and sweeping the change is.

Part of the change will involve my getting a driver's license. Just, you know, FYI. I also may try to give up coffee. (I can't believe I just said that last sentence. I think there need to be quotes around some of those words.)

***

I am this week listening to the Romantics, owing to the fact that Sunday I was walking back to the PATH train from Helen's place and heard "What I Like About You" coming out of the shoe store on Newark Ave. Why did that song pique my curiosity right then, though I have heard it ten thousand times before over the course of my entire life and am completely desensitized to it? This phenomenon cannot be explained nor understood.

2 comments:

Amanda B. said...

don't quit coffee. i've tried it twice (about 1 month each time). i've never felt worse.

Brian said...

My favorite Romantics song is "One in a Million," which strangely are the exact odds of my giving up coffee in any way that doesn't involve my mortification.