Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Perchin' It

Here is the homepage of the Perch, where I and the rest of the Hi-Fi Group will be reading this evening at 7:30 whaaaaaaaat!

Yes, it's true. Our group, consisting of six talented and very, very good-looking writers, has been convening at the Hi-Fi Bar on Avenue A for two years to swap manuscripts and chat about the writing life. It's been a gas. Now we are getting on a stage and showing the rest of our friends all the stuff we've been doing all this time. And we are diverse! One of us is writing a thriller about Shakespeare scholars, another a novel-in-stories about a punk construction worker, and another a multi-voiced novel set in the Netherlands in WWII. AND THERE ARE MORE. I hope you, reader, come out and have funtimes listening to us.

***

This BPGOIT cartoon is late and I apologize for its being late. I had been in Princeton eating pancakes and buying Squeeze LPs that cost a dollar, and the thrill of that happy experience caught up with me and I didn't get time to post yestermorn.

5 comments:

tristan said...

I feel ya, Iced Tea...

Amanda said...

I think you're this comic strip's #1 (and possibly only) fan. Which is ok with me.

Lawrence said...

Dude, we so rocked!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could come see you read!!
kate ludick.

Amanda said...

Thanks, Kate! I miss you!

LC -- It was great, right?