Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Grocery Listery

I have blogged about this before, but it's drawn sufficient interest to warrant another mention. Last summer I compiled a bunch of my friends' grocery lists and published them in a zine that I called THE GROCERY LIST LIST. Two pages from said zine appear below.

I thought making it would be an interesting way to bring together my friends from different regions, whose tastes were different -- I mean, no matter what you choose to eat, you have to shop for it (unless you grow/raise it yourself, and the people I consulted did not). Based on each list, I tried to create a little scene telling the story of the food-buying excursion in comic-strip form.

OK, so, do you want a copy? They're free; I'll just send you one if you email me your address. Please indicate, also, if you'd like to submit a grocery list of your own for inclusion in a possible future incarnation of this.

Lists from a whole bunch of people, like over 20, would make for a highly entertaining read, I believe.

My email is: amnazz@gmail.com

***

2 comments:

Richard Thomas said...

Fantastic, great idea, very exciting. It really does reveal so much about a person, or it CAN, anyway. Congratulations.

Peace,
Richard

Ranger said...

Ha! Finally catching up on your blog, and I see my own list-story posted!