Monday, December 28, 2009

On The Housesit

Living "in the middle of it all" during holiday-time has its advantages, even though these dogs shake me down every five minutes for rubber toys stuffed with food. Last night I was able to run to the bookstore and be back in ten. On my way to the bookstore I chanced to meet Jonhayro, who was dressed in a suit and looked less like a bedraggled punk than anyone I have ever known, prompting me to puzzle over why he is still friends with me at all. Though I did not question it aloud. It was great to see him.

This morning aka just now, I swung by the coffee cart on 87th and Broadway which is staffed by my favorite coffee cart guy in the whole neighborhood/city. "I got a new job!" I told him. "That's why you haven't seen me around!" He smirked and replied, "Ah, you brightened my day, so this one is on me." And he gave me a free coffee. Last week, apparently, he gave each customer a free plastic car with a lotto ticket in it.

The dogs are so cute, too, a lot of work tho they be. They are good company.

There is no scanner here. I was going to post a rerun BPGOIT of him standing empty and telling his associates he "just doesn't feel up to it," but didn't, seeing as the drawing did not reflect my mood.

I AM SAYING THAT I DO FEEL UP TO IT.

All my love,
Amanda

No comments: